Courtney graduated from Florida State University, with a Bachelor of Science in Finance. While receiving her J.D. from the University of Florida, Courtney represented clients as a Certified Legal Intern for the Virgil Hawkins Family Advocacy Civil Clinic, advocated for the best interests of children as a volunteer Guardian ad Litem for the Eighth Circuit and completed basic and advanced training in the Interdisciplinary Team Model of Collaborative Law.
Courtney practices estate planning and probate and trust administration. Her representative experience includes:
- Reviews and research related to estate planning, including drafting;
- Advice regarding trust funding, to ensure proper titling and probate avoidance;
- Preparation of court filings in connection with probate and trust administrations;
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns;
- Preparation of accountings and other financial analyses in connection with probate and trust administrations; and
- Advice regarding guardianships, including guardian advocacies.